If you or your parents are considering moving to an assisted living facility (ALF), you’ll want to add The Residences in West Kendall to your list of places to check out. It’s owned and operated by United HomeCare, a non-profit home health and community care organization in MIami-Dade County and it's located right next to the West Baptist Kendall Hospital. I went to see it for myself and met with the executive director. Here’s what I learned:
- It has a capacity for 150 residents and is expected to open in the next few weeks.
- They plan to accept some medicaid residents in semi-private accomodations.
- There are 122 studio and one-bedroom units in addition to a 15 room memory care unit.
- The dining room features table service with meals prepared by a gourmet chef (I sampled some of her dishes and I have to say they were excellent).
- Their monthly fees include laundry, transportation, telephone, WiFI, daily housekeeping services and other activities.
- Residents who live independently but need a little assistance at night with things like medications or turning down their beds receive this help without additional charges.
Leave a Reply
There's no doubt that while caregiving is a loving responsibility, it can also be incredibly stressful and... Read more
“My services can be thought of as preventative care” is what Rachelle Behar Block, MS, LMHC told me regarding... Read more