We are entering the best time of the year in South Florida--- when the humidity goes away, and being outdoors feels great and invigorating. Have family or friends visiting? Looking for a productive outing? Check out our list of local Farmers' Markets throughout South Florida and find the one closest to you. We're always updating this list, so...
If there's a Farmers' Market that you go to that's not included below please comment below and let us know!
- Southwest Ranches Farmers Market-5150 South Flamingo Road, Cooper City- Contact: Sheila @ 754-423-3786. 10am - 7pm everyday but Thursday- Click here to view their website.
- Miramar Green Market- Miramar Square, in parking lot near Kohl's- Every Saturday: 9am-1pm-Fresh food and family fun. Local produce, plats, herbs, cheeses and more!
- The Yellow Green Farmer's Market-1940 North 30th Road, Hollywood-954-513-3990-Thursday: 7pm-11pm, Saturday and Sunday: 7am-4pm- This is the largest outdoor market in South Florida. They have a lot of organic foods and products and is open all year. Click to view their website. Follow them on twitter @ygfarmersmarket
- Las Olas Outdoor Urban Gourmet Market- Las Olas Blvd and 12th Avenue- Fort Lauderdale-954-347-1474.Sundays: 9am-2pm- Fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods and more. Is open all year.
- Plantation Community Farmer's Market- Plantation Volunteer Park-954-452-2558- Fresh certified organic vegetables and fruits, breads, orchids and more- Saturdays: 8am-2pm- For more information visit their website.
- Marando Farms- 1401 SW First Avenue (Downtown Fort Lauderdale)- Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 4pm.
- Parkland Farmers' Market- Equestrian Center-8350 Ranch Road- 954-757-4120- Sundays: 9am-2pm.
- Pompano Beach Green Market-104 SW 1st Street (just east of City Hall)- 954-782-3015- Saturdays: 8am - 1pm
- Surfside/Bal Harbor/Bay Harbor Green Market- Location alternates between 1177 Kane Concourse (96th St.) in Bay harbor Island and Collins and 95th St in Surfside- Sundays: 9am-2pm. Fresh fruit and vegetables, tropical plants, baked goods and more. For more information click here to view last season's Miami Herald article about this market.
- Pinecrest Market- Pinecrest Gardens Parking Lot @ 11100 Red Road- Every Sunday 9am-2pm. Fresh vegetables and fruit, homemade crafts, breads, plants and more- Lots of organic products.
- Coconut Grove Organic Farmers' Market-3300 Grand Avenue-305-238-7744- Fresh organic fruit and vegetables. Market includes a raw food deli. Every Saturday (rain or shine) from 10am-2pm- Click here for website.
- Homestead Harvest Farmers' Market @ Verde Gardens-12700 SW 280 Street- Local and organic foods plus sustainable produce and products, juice bar and more-786-427-4698-Fridays: 4pm-8pm. click here for website.
- Key Biscayne Farmers Market: Located at the Community Church, this market offers a wide variety of fresh local and organic produce as well as a diverse selection of speciality items. 355 Glenridge Road. Call for schedule. 305-531-0038
- Lincoln Road Farmers' Market- On Lincoln Road between Meridian and Washington Avenues. Fresh vegetables and fruits, jellies, jams and more-305-531-0038-Sundays:9am-6:30pm, year round. For more information visit their website.
- Normany Village Marketplace- In the 900 block of 71st Street and Rue Vendome on Normandy Isle- Saturdays:9am -5pm-305-531-0038.
- Mary Brickell Village Sunday Market- Mary Brickell Village in the 900 Block of South Miami Avenue-Saturdays:10am-4pm- 305-531-0038.
- FIU Farmers Market, Maidque Campus (11200 SW 8th Street, Miami)- Wednesdays: 12noon - 3pm, between the Green Library and Central Fountain.
- Roots in the City Farmers Market (beginning December, 2012)- NW 10th Street and 2nd Avenue, Miami- Wednesday and Friday:1pm - 4pm.
- Southwest Community Farmer's Market: Features outdoor market with organic local produce, artisan baked goods, local arts, community music, organic solar-powered jam and massage. Tropical Park 7900 SW 40th Street. 305-223-8710. Call for schedule.
- Fairchild Farmers' Market: Located in Fairchild's lowlands parking. Stock up every Saturday (9am- 2pm) (excluding Festival weekends). Local vendors sell frest produce, honey, artisan products, handmade soaps, herb and vegetable plants, baked goods and so much more. 10900 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, FL
Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Green Market- Corner of S. Federal Highway and S. Mizner Blvd (Royal Palm Place Shopping Center)-Saturdays: 8am-1pm. Rain or Shine- Fresh produce and vegetables and more. Contact: 561-239-1536, or visit their website.
- Wellington Green Market-12100 Forrest Blvd. Near the Amphitheater- Saturdays: 8am-1pm, now through April 12, 2012. This is a brand new Farmers' Market. For more information call 561-283-5886.
- Delray Beach Green Market: SE 4th Street (1/2 Block south of Atlantic Avenue, downtown Delray Beach. Sundays 8am - 2pm.
- Lake Worth Farmers' Market (Waterside)- A1A and Lake Avenue. Park in lot behind John G's restaurant. Sells Palm Beach County fruits and vegetables as well as a large selection of organic products, plants, baked goods and more. Saturdays: 8am-1pm- Now through May, 2013 . 561-547-3100.
- Sunset Green market at Glades Plaza: Located in the south parking lot of Glades Plaza (near Hooters), 2240 NE 19th Street, Boca Raton: Wednesdays: 4pm-8pm
- Woolbright Farmers Market: 141 West Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach- Fresh local and organically grown fruits and vegetables. Open all year-Tuesday thru Saturday: 8am-6pm. Contact: Jesse @ 561-722-2454 or visit their website.
- Palm Beach Gardens Green Market: 4301 Burns Road. Sundays, 8am -1pm. 561-630-1100.
- West Palm Beach Green Market: 101 South Flagler Drive (downtown at Clematis Street and Flagler Drive at Waterfront Park). Saturdays 8am - 1pm.
“My services can be thought of as preventative care” is what Rachelle Behar Block, MS, LMHC told me regarding... Read more
So many seniors live in areas where there is inadequate public transportation, or they need assistance or... Read more